Effective Date: 05/25/2018
Types of Information Collected
How We Collect and Use information
We collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide. When you willingly provide personal information, such as your email address or phone number, in exchange for a brand offer or reward, we ask you for personal information. We combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Jebbit services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information. When you access Jebbit services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that uniquely identify your browser.
- Location data. Jebbit will offer location-enabled services, sometimes part of another provider, to its brands. If you use those services, Jebbit will receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Unique application number. Certain services include a unique application number that is not associated with your account or you. This number and information about your installation (e.g., operating system type, version number) will be sent to Jebbit when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).
In addition to the above, we will use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
We also engage in general profiling based on the personal information we process on behalf of the brands who use our services and use automated decision-making or profiling to help tailor the offers that you receive from them. However, this processing does not result in legal or other significant effects.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, we will provide you with information regarding the purpose for the processing, as well as other relevant information, prior to processing your personal information for the new purpose.
How We Share Information
Like many businesses, we sometimes hire third party vendors to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf, such as hosting specific portions of the Service, maintaining databases, delivering content, sending emails, administering contents, mailing information, processing payments, or otherwise operating the Services. When we employ a third party vendor to perform these functions, that third party vendor will only be provided with the particular personal information or aggregate information it needs to perform its function, and is required to protect such Personal Data and/or Aggregate Data.
In addition, we enter into relationships with brands, advertising partners, networks who provide services to you, sell items or provide promotions to you. Jebbit can provide personal information and/or aggregate information to those partners for remarketing purposes and for monitoring performance metrics.
We share information that has been anonymized or aggregates without limitation.
This section applies to those that visit the Services from the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
Jebbit is a data controller with regard to personal information collected from individuals using our site from the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. This section applies to our processing of such site user personal information from the EEA and Switzerland.
Lawful Basis for Processing
Jebbit processes personal information with your consent (e.g., when you agree that Jebbit may place cookies, or when Jebbit processes personal information submitted to the Services for specified purposes).
On other occasions, Jebbit may process personal information when it needs to do this to fulfil a contract (for example, for billing purposes) or where required to do this by law.
If necessary, Jebbit may also process personal information when it is in Jebbit’s legitimate interests to do this (e.g., for customer service or fraud detection) and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Transfers of Personal Information
Please be aware that the personal information we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store personal information in the United States and your consent to this privacy notice represents your agreement to this processing.
You have a right to the following:
- To request access to the personal information we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal information;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal information;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal information about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal information directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal information.
To exercise these rights, see the “Contact Us” section below. Please be aware that Jebbit may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
Links to Other Sites
Please note that, while using the Services, you could be directed to other sites that are developed and administered by people or companies not affiliated with or controlled by Jebbit. These other sites may place their own cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Jebbit Services uses reasonable efforts to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction.
Jebbit understands that children’s privacy is important. We encourage parents and legal guardians to spend time with their age-appropriate children using the Services to be fully familiar with the Service features. By using or logging into the Service, we may ask users for their age. By using or logging into the Service or related features, you agree to respond truthfully and accurately about your age.
Children Under the Age of 16: The Service is prohibited to children under the age of 16. We will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under 16 years of age. Children under the age of 16 years of age are expressly prohibited from submitting or posting any personal information on the Service.
For visitors from the European Economic Area and Switzerland, to contact our Data Protection Officer, please contact: email@example.com