Entering into the 2015 football season, Boston College Athletics integrated Jebbit into their social strategy to drive ticket sales for select football home games, while simultaneously driving quality fan engagement and lead capture. Two of these games included BC vs. Florida State and vs. Wake Forest (Homecoming Game).
BC’s post-click strategy is part of a specialized program designed to create sustained fan engagement for sports teams. Built upon Jebbit’s track record of launching and sustaining successful sports marketing campaigns, the program leverages best practices and incorporates consistent posts and a long-term strategy with a close partnership with the Jebbit client services team.
Both campaigns were dispersed via email, display, paid social, and owned social, notably Facebook and Twitter. Fans were encouraged to answer a few questions in order to earn a special discount on game tickets.
BC vs. Florida State
- 31% Hook Rate (65% owned social, 33% email, 25% paid social, 22% display)
- 84% Completion Rate (94% display, 89% owned social, 81% paid social, 75% email)
- 89% Claim Rate (93% paid social, 83% owned social, 80% display, 0% email)
- 1:26 minutes Average Time of Engagement (1:04 email, 1:15 display, 1:43 paid social, 1:43 owned social)
- Owned social had the highest hook rate, indicating a highly receptive audience within that channel (65%)
- Display had the highest completion rate (94%) suggesting that the audience could be on their desktop
- Paid social had the highest claim rate (93%), although the lowest hook rate (25%). This suggests that people only clicked on the ad with the full intention of claiming the discount
- In terms of raw numbers, the most claims were driven by paid social, followed by owned social.
- Overarching click-to-claim was highest for owned social at 48%; nearly half of the audience that clicked the ad completed the campaign and claimed the discount
BC vs. Wake Forest
- 16% Hook Rate (63% owned social, 54% email, 26% display, 8% paid social)
- 92% Completion Rate (97% owned social, 93% display, 92% email, 90% paid social)
- 77% Claim Rate (94% email, 88% display, 70% paid social, 64% owned social)
- 1:37 minutes Average Time of Engagement (1:26 email, 1:49 display, 2:07 paid social, 1:05 owned social)
- Again, Owned social had the highest hook rate (63%), followed by email at (54%)
- Owned social also had the highest completion rate (97%)
- Email had the highest claim rate (94%)
- In raw numbers, the most claims were driven by email, followed by paid social
- Overarching click-to-claim was highest for email at 47%; nearly half of the audience that clicked the email completed the campaign and claimed the discount